When potential customers sign up for Orbitera Test Drives, you can capture their contact information and feed it into your Hubspot CRM and marketing systems. This way your sales and marketing teams learn about new prospects right away and can engage with them.
Before you begin
To integrate your Test Drive with Hubspot, you need to do some initial setup in Hubspot and gather some information.
In Hubspot, you must do the following:
- Create a Hubspot form that Orbitera can post to. Fill in the basics and then add the fields that you want Orbitera to send. For steps, see the Hubspot documentation at https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms-user-guide-v2/how-to-create-a-form. You can skip the steps for validation, making fields required, and adding field labels, because your customers won't see this form.
- In the Hubspot embed code, find your
portalId. For steps, see the Hubspot documenation at https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/how-do-i-find-the-form-guid.
Configure the Orbitera callback
- Enter a name for the callback.
- For the callback type, select Customer Signup.
- Enter the Hubspot endpoint URL:
[FORM_ID]with your Hubspot
- Click Add to add each Hubspot field name in the Name field and the Orbitera placeholder in the Value field.
- Make sure the callback is enabled.
Test the callback
Go to your trial in your store using the Launch Test Drive link at the top-right of the Orbitera UI. Complete the form and click Signup.
Go to the Hubspot database and check that a new lead was created. It might take several minutes for the new lead to appear in Hubspot searches.
Troubleshoot the callback
If you don’t see your new or updated lead, check the Callback Log in Orbitera.
If you don’t see an HTTP Status of 200 or 204, there is a problem. Retrace your steps above, making sure you copied the codes and entered the field IDs correctly.
If the status code is 200 or 204, but you don't see a new lead in Hubspot, check again in a few minutes.