Orbitera currently supports credit card transactions processed by Stripe, which is a payment management tool.
After you enter your secret, live (not publishable) Stripe token into the Orbitera platform, you can accept credit card purchases.
Before you begin
- If you don't already have one, create your free Stripe account.
- Check your email inbox to confirm your Stripe account.
- Log in to Stripe with the credentials you created.
- Click Activate your account in the left menu.
Complete all the fields, and set your website to your Orbitera marketplace address.
The activation form varies based on your country, so select that first.
Make sure that View test data is toggled off.
Click API keys, click Reveal live key token, and copy your secret token.
It should look like
Add your secret token to Orbitera
- Under Merchant APIs, set the merchant to Stripe.
- Enter your secret API key to authenticate with the merchant.
After the API key is authenticated, credit card transactions for your marketplace products are functional.
Enable credit card purchases
For customers to see the credit card option, you must also enable credit card purchases in the customer portal.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Under Customer Portal, select Portal Functionality.
- Select Enable Credit Card Payments.
Test a credit card payment
After you’ve added Stripe to your account, make a test purchase to verify that Stripe is successfully enabled.
- Log in to your Orbitera marketplace.
- Go through the purchase flow and enter credit card information using a Stripe test card to complete the purchase.
- Verify the purchase by logging in to Stripe and checking for the transaction.